This next recipe comes to us from the Banditos of Bacon Youtube channel and is a delectable variation on our favorite soup!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced white onions
- 4 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 slices Cuban bread
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped up
- 6 tablespoons Chupacabra Citrus Hot Sauce
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8 quart stock pot on medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- Fry up bacon and chop up finely.
- Add beef broth & thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler.
- Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of cuban bread on top of each. Add tablespoon of Chupacabra Citrus Hot Sauce to the center of each slice of bread. Layer each slice of bread with two slices of provolone cheese. Top with chopped bacon. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.